One of my absolute favorite looks for summer is the “no-makeup” makeup look – and no one does that better than J.Crew. Browsing through the J.Crew catalog, I love seeing how soft, minimalist makeup enhances natural beauty and emphasizes lovely features.
While the best suited products may vary, be sure to experiment by emphasizing eyes, adding a berry lipstick, and accentuating a flush cheek color.
Now, let’s find out how we can create this look.
- Define eyes with a shortened cat eye (kitten eye!) using the Mac Liquid Eyeliner – for summer weather, waterproof and smudge-proof eyeliner works best.
- Using the NYX Jumpb Pencil in Milk shade, underline your bottom lash and add highlights on the inner corner of the eye (this brightens and enlarges the eye).
- Fill in your eyebrows with the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz and comb the eyebrows with the brush end of the Brow Wiz – eyebrows are essential for framing your eyes.
- Finish your natural J.Crew eye makeup by lengthening your top and bottom lashes with the Maybelline Falsies Big Eyes Mascara (the mascara’s dual end is highly versatile!).
- To prep your skin for summer heat, use a long lasting concealer like the Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer.
- Save the best for last because nothing says “lovely” more than a pretty flush! The Too Faced Sweetheart Blush has three color coordinated shades meant for every skin tone.
- Finish your natural make up look by adding a pretty pout – berry colored lips are perfect for summer! I love using Maybelline Color Whispers because of the lightweight application and all the color options available (you may also opt for the official Face J.Crew lipstick).
So, this is how I managed to achieve these models’ subtle looks.
These are the products that I have used and I’m sure you can replicate this by yourself.
Now, I wonder what this company will come up with next season. Will they go with something heavier? Let’s wait and see.